ACC&D Zeuterin™ Contest
This 2014 World Spay Day-inspired contest is open to U.S. municipal agencies, 501(c)3 animal shelters and rescues, veterinary practices, and spay/neuter programs. Shelters, veterinarians, and pet owners alike have anticipated the availability of Zeuterin™, the only non-surgical sterilant for male dogs approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. They recognize its capacity to:
- Make neutering more efficient and thereby sterilize more dogs--male and female--while expending fewer resources
- Reduce neutering costs
- Reach communities without surgical facilities
- Sterilize male dogs whose owners resist surgical castration
- Neuter dogs who cannot safely undergo anesthesia
- And more!
Share your organization’s experiences with Zeuterin—and be eligible to earn a grant of up to $4,000 for your spay/neuter programs! It's an easy 2-step process:
- Share the best strategy that your organization has implemented for marketing Zeuterin or incorporating it into your spay/neuter operations. This can be an advertisement, a targeted initiative, a PSA, an organizational collaboration—any approach is welcome. Photos or copies of marketing materials are strongly encouraged!
- In 500 words or less, tell us what positive impact your strategy has had. It can be numbers of dogs neutered, resources you were able to shift to spaying dogs or even sterilizing cats, outreach to dog owners who previously resisted neutering, or any other effect that Zeuterin has had on your spay/neuter efforts or community.
Please note that while we welcome any and all ideas, a portion of grant funds will be allotted for those with innovative and effective strategies to zinc neuter PitBull Terrier type dogs, since they constitute a disproportionately high number of homeless animals in many shelters and communities.
Applications can be downloaded here. You can find answers to frequently asked questions here. E-mail your submissions to Valerie Benka, ACC&D Project Manager, at by 5:00pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) on September 1, 2014. Winners will be announced no later than September 30, 2014.
Our sincere thanks to our contest sponsors: